HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN - Emergency Room in Anchorage, Alaska
Our Mission- Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company *by *Fortune Magazine. *Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place. HCA at a glance. *A few of the benefits we provide you: * Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment * Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance * 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) * New Extended Family Leave * Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Employee Discount Program
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Alaska boasts incredible scenic beauty, drawing visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle – including performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining – while living minutes from outdoor adventures in The Last Frontier. * *
*POSITION SUMMARY: RN ER *
A Registered Nurse (RN) who renders individualized comprehensive emergency nursing care, available on a 24 hour basis from minor injuries to acutely or critically ill patients. The RN provides the best possible preventative, supportive, and rehabilitative nursing care to each patient based upon the nursing process and in accordance with hospital policy and procedure;coordinates functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital in a spirit that fosters positive working relationships.
- Current State of Alaska licensure as an RNrequired.
- Current American Heart Association certification or American Red Cross BLS, ACLS Healthcare Providerrequired.
- Current American Heart Association certification or American Red Cross PALS Healthcare Provider required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursingrequired.
- Minimum requirement: two years of ER experience required.
- TNNC required within six months of start date.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skillsrequired.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment and be able to exert up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: *RN - Emergency Room *
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-7635