Northrop Grumman Principal Cyber Sys Engr in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Are you ready to leverage your security clearance, knowledge and technical experience in a new role?
Adversaries, cybercriminals and cyber terrorists, are working every hour of every day to develop new means to compromise networks, to seize valuable intellectual property and personal data, and to gain an advantage on the digital battlefield. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to see to it that they fail. Speed, stealth and precision - keys to controlling the physical domains of land, sea, air and space - are imperatives in controlling the cyber domain. Our talented employees make advances every day based on these imperatives and are committed to providing the most advanced protection for our customers against the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum. Our company is trusted with securing some of the most high-risk systems and continues to be the trusted provider of mission enabled solutions for the security or our nation and allies. This is without a doubt one of the most exciting times to join our team. So come join us and experience the value of performance.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking multiple Cyber Systems Engineers to support fast-paced cutting edge programs ensuring national security and defense. The positions are located in the Annapolis Junction, MD greater area.
This position represents immediate opportunities across multiple programs. Though each program has specific labor categories which must be met prior to placement, all candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related STEM discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional systems experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 9+ years of experience with systems, software engineering in similar environments
• Experience using Microsoft Office and databases.
• Hands on system engineering or signals intelligence experience.
• Experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness or analyses of total system product to include: concept, design, development, test, deploy, operations, maintenance and decommission.
• Knowledge of ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Knowledge of performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Basic skills in scripting such as Perl, Bash, Python etc.
• Understanding of development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum or Kanban
• Familiarity with CM tools such as JIRA/Git and/or Subversion
Security: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph is required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Broad technical and system engineering experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle. Advanced knowledge of techniques, requirements management, architecture design, interface control and verification, trade studies and analysis of alternatives, or development of end to end solutions.
• Technical expertise in NiFi, DevOPS, Java, Databases, or Python
• Waterfall Methodology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology
- Northrop Grumman Jobs