Lockheed Martin System Administrator (Skill Level 1) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin is looking for a System Administrator to join our team in our Annapolis Junction office. The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
We are looking for an organized, efficient, experienced System Administrator that will implement environments using popular technologies with a highly collaborative team.
- Qualified candidates must have Linux experience.
-Five (5) years’ experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
-Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional Systems Administrator experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Hands-on experience using Centos as a contributor on a development-oriented team
• Demonstrated experience configuring and managing automated build and deploy processes and associated tools such as Ansible.
• Experience in MASH environment
• Must meet CWIP requirements (Security + CE) with active certification
• Demonstrated experience configuring and managing environments, tools, and databases, preferably PostGreSQL
• Demonstrated experience applying IAVA patches across MASH servers
• Demonstrated experience with network management and configuration including security/PKI, debugging, setting up firewalls, etc.
• Must be familiar with corporate STE/STN tools, processes, configuring (e.g. LatteArt, SEAR reporting, UAM, virus, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience of scripting such as bash, cshell, etc.
• Experience in creating SSPs
• Experience in providing ISSO support for ATO prep and execution , addressing POAMs
• Demonstrated experience in creating and using documented procedures checklists to ensure repeatability.
• Hands –on experience with setting up and using system monitoring tools, e.g. Zabbix, Nagios
• Hands experience in capturing metrics system performance, system utilization metrics
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs