Aetna Member Advocate in Atchison, West Virginia
Req ID: 72220BR
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (DSNP) members, who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand DSNP to change lives in new markets across the country.
The Member Advocate works alongside other DSNP care team members including social workers, care managers and care coordinators to provide the best member experience.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
-Educates and assists members on various elements of Medicaid entitlements, benefit plan information and available services created to enhance the overall member experience with the company. Utilizes all relevant information to effectively influence member engagement.
- -Initiates contact with members who have lost Medicaid eligibility and fall into DSNP grace period to remind them to reobtain Medicaid and LIS recertification. Assists members with finding resources to help them reapply if necessary.
- -Coordinates and sends annual reminders for members at risk of losing LIS, Medicaid, or DSNP eligibility.
- -Takes ownership of each customer contact to anticipate customer needs, resolve their issues and connect them with additional services as appropriate.
- -Tracks member s Medicaid certification and eligibility dates and MCO plan information, as well as Medicaid status.
-Researches other general Medicaid programs and entitlements the members are eligible for and initiate process to inform members of these benefits.
- -Completes accurate case documentation as needed.
- -Works with National DSNP Program Office Medicaid Policy Manager and State Contract Manager to provide general assistance with Medicaid benefits and entitlements.
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
-In-depth knowledge of benefits program and system design (Health and Welfare, Wealth, other benefits), related financials, legal/regulatory requirements.
-Knowledge and understanding of state policy or Medicaid eligibility and low-income state resources.
Strong collaboration skills and innovative problem-solving abilities.
-Strong verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently.
-Innovative Thinking and “Change Agent - Looks for, identifies and acts on opportunities to improve how we design, develop, and deliver products and services.
-Empathy towards customers needs and concerns.
-Associate s degree or equivalent work experience.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Job Function: Customer Service
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.
- Aetna Jobs