HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Electrophysiology (EP) Laboratory Technologist in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as an Electrophysiology Lab Technologist (EP Tech) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Electrophysiology Lab Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
As an Electrophysiology Lab Technologist (EP Tech), you are responsible for providing a safe patient care environment that aids in the diagnosis and treatment of patients experiencing cardiac procedures. You will maintain and operate the physiological systems, assist physicians during the procedures, and perform unit-based activities, which contribute to a positive and professional work environment.
- You will demonstrate familiarity with the basics of radiation/radiation safety.
- You will position x-ray camera for fluoroscopy/angiography.
- You will pan table to accurately visualize requested/appropriate views.
- You will perform daily checks to ensure proper equipment function.
- You will demonstrate sterile technique for handling sterile instruments/supplies.
- You will proficiently enter data on EP Hemodynamic Monitoring system.
- You will assist with monitoring patient condition throughout procedure including, but not limited to rhythm Vital signs, response to interventions, art lines.
- You will document required procedure steps, supplies used and patient condition into medical record throughout case.
- You will communicate with the Circulating nurse supplies used for patient charge ticket and verify accuracy.
- You will monitor patients in holding area as assigned
- You will proficiently remove sheaths and hold pressure to achieve hemostasis.
- You will demonstrate proficiency with equipment in EP Lab. St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at three locations—St. David’s Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David’s Georgetown Hospital.
Located in Central Austin, St. David’s Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women’s services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region’s largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Electrophysiology Lab Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* One – three years Electrophysiology or Cardiac Cath Lab experience performing both diagnostic and interventional procedures– preferred
Education * Graduate of Cardiovascular Technologist program OR Radiologic Technology program - preferred
Licenses and Certifications * Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) – preferred * Registered Cardiovascular Technician (CVT) – preferred * Operating Room Technician - preferred * BLS Certification as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Electrophysiology (EP) Laboratory Technologist
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06676-80643