Hyatt Nutritionist in AUSTIN, Texas
Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening. The Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist provides high quality service to guests through education lectures and one-on-one counseling. The Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist assists the culinary staff in presenting meals that comply with Miraval’s food philosophy. The Registered Dietitian is responsible for creating and adapting new, creative and progressive programming for Miraval guests, based on science and not trends. This position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Creates, adapts and conducts nutrition lectures, workshops and one-on-one consults
- Meet annual revenue targets established for department
- Conducts Resting Metabolic Rate and Body Composition diagnostic testing
- Remain current on nutrition information and science
- Assists the culinary team in providing nutritionally balanced food options to ensure brand standards are consistently upheld
- Responsible for training and education for culinary team
- Assists the Executive Chef and culinary staff in analyzing menu items for nutrients
- Communicates food sensitivities and specific food requests to the culinary team
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with Miraval policy
- Demonstrates and incorporates mindfulness in all guest contact, programs, experiences and written materials
- Fulfills marketing requests (i.e.: article requests, blog posts, etc.)
Performs other duties as assigned by the Integrative Wellbeing Director
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Education and/or Experience
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
Additional certifications in specialized areas of practice a plus: renal nutrition, sports dietetics, and nutrition support and diabetes education. Qualifications
Excellent communications skills
- Second and third languages are a plus
- Public speaking is a large component of this job so proficiency is a must
- Effectively listening to both clients and co-workers to understand their concerns, goals and issues
- Have the ability to pivot from one course of action to another in a timely fashion such that client goals are met
- Clearly understand what is possible given the willingness and time constraints of the client and then relay that to them in a clear and concise fashion
- Remain calm and composed regardless of the situation
- Anticipate needs before they arise such that they do not become crises (equipment, staffing, physical working environment)
- Manage time such that deadlines are met and the clients go home with the materials that you promised
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Miraval Austin Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Spa Fitness and Wellness
Req ID: AUS004160
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.