HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician, Bone Marrow Transplant in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Care Technician like you to be a part of our team.As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety patient care services related to activities of daily living and basic needs. Under the supervision of the registered nurse, you will deliver patient care based while providing emotional and physical comfort to the patient.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
- You will assist patients with basic needs, personal hygiene, mobility and transportation.
- You will obtain and record patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data and vital signs
- In conjunction with nurses and physicians, you will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided
- You will be responsible for recording information in patient medical records
- You will maintain close communicate with physicians, nurses and healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s condition
- You will monitor supplies levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Care Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1 years of experience in an acute care hospital setting – preferred
Certifications and Licenses
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification – preferred
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician, Bone Marrow Transplant
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-80774