Lockheed Martin Logistics Management - VLS Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland
Description: This position supports the Vertical Launch Systems program in Baltimore, MD, performing all Logistics Management tasks associated with maintenance and modernization work for delivered systems. Specifically:
- Coordinate warehouse activities including the receipt, kitting, issue and periodic inventory of stock on hand.
- Liaison with internal and external customers for material handling requirements.
- Manage material activities to include work prioritization.
- Provide material estimates to support the planning and administration of authorized work.
- Procure, and ensure delivery, of all required material for planned and emergent work requirements.
- Provide progress reviews on material availability.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more!
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off with flexible work schedules
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
**This position is contingent upon contract award and/or funding**
• A minimum eight (8) years of relative logistics experience
• Familiarity with basic warehouse operations; including the receipt, issue and periodic inventory of stock on hand.
• Inventory control and management.
• Experience with material management.
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Proven Leadership experience in a team environment.
• A working knowledge of Inventory Control Systems
• Understanding of warehousing and kitting processes.
• Customer interface experience in an integrated team environment.
• Proficient with warehouse automation tools and systems
• Forklift and HAZMAT Certification
• Experience with LM Sourcing processes
• VLS program experience in logistical support
• Shipyard maintenance experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point in support of program products.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs