Lockheed Martin Proposal Manager Senior Staff in Baltimore, Maryland
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced Proposal Manager within the RMS Proposal Development Center of Excellence that provides proposal expertise and leadership to RMS new business opportunities. The successful candidate will ensure consistent implementation of CPS-009 (New Business Opportunity Management) and proposal best practices across RMS opportunities to increase win rate and reduce B&P expenditures.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead all aspects of proposal volume development, including Technical, Management, Past Performance, Security, Basis of Estimate, Contracts, Executive Summary, Integrated Master Schedule and Plans, etc
• Manage proposal schedules and deadlines, develops proposal artifacts and supporting artifacts such as proposal outline, compliance matrix, storyboard plan, and delivery plan
• Shape and drive integration of win themes and discriminators into proposal deliverables, ensuring capture artifacts and customer values are incorporated for a winning proposal.
• Ensure 100% on-time delivery of compliant and compelling proposals on all assigned opportunities
• Understand and apply lessons learned to future activities
• Support RMS proposal tool set, Win Plan, and Capture Excellence initiatives as required
• Staff, lead and/or facilitate the conduct of effective and efficient proposal color team reviews
• Work collaboratively with the Capture Manager and Program Manager throughout the proposal phase to develop, refine and execute the win strategy.
Significant Travel will be required for this role.
• Proven proposal leadership skills on multiple competitive proposals
• TS/SCI w/Poly Clearance
• Proposal experience on a variety of competitive opportunities including a relevant mix of program types, complexities, products, technologies, customers, and countries
• RMS capture experience
• Team player and team builder
• Self-starter; successful multi-tasker; highly organized
• Works well with all levels of the organization, up to and including senior management
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs