Lockheed Martin VLS Certified System Maintenance Technician - multiple locations in Baltimore, Maryland
Description: The candidate will be a member of the RMS VLS Field Sustainment Team and will participate in the installation, test, repair and support of a wide range of electronic equipment and systems. Although most work will be associated with VLS Systems, the opportunity to support other equipment/systems also exists. The candidate will be responsible for providing installation support of equipment including performing equipment modifications and upgrades; performing equipment/system repair; performing the assembly, integration and test of equipment/systems; and performing daily coordination and communication with management and designated team leads as well as other program and customer representatives (both internal and external to Lockheed Martin). These positions will be based out of our Lockheed Martin Baltimore location, or the shipyards in Bath ME or Pascagoula MS, but he/she must also be willing to travel on an as-required basis to provide support onboard ships, other land based facilities, or internationally as necessary in support of U.S., Foreign Military and Direct Commercial Sales activities.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off with flexible work schedules
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
*This position is contingent upon contract award and/or funding*
• Successful candidate is required to possess a current Certification Level of System Maintenance Technician in accordance with NAVSEA Standing Instruction 86-2D (or current standard).
• An active U.S. Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
• AS or BS in electrical or mechanical engineering desired but not required.
• Experience in the installation and checkout of weapon systems onboard surface combatants during ship new construction or overhaul is also desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs