Penske Information Technology Engineering Supervisor - Logistics in Beachwood, Ohio
Information Technology Engineering Supervisor - Logistics (Job Number: 2115023 )
The Supervisor of IT Engineering’s main responsibility is to provide day-to-day support and supervision of the company’s wide area network (WAN), local area networks (LAN) data center networking, as well as daily oversight of the data communications team. The team designs, installs, implements, supports, and maintains network hardware systems and wide area technologies ensuring proper connectivity, and generation of monthly reports detailing uptime and bandwidth utilization. The Supervisor is responsible to assign work items and performs follow-up activities ensuring proper completion of tasks. The Supervisor participates in monthly billing processes and contract reviews. They are responsible for creating
project plans, timelines, milestones, goals, and task level ownership. The Supervisor ensures compliance with network software/hardware licensing and maintenance agreements. The Supervisor will manage the team’s performance and career development plans, ensuring team members reviews are processed on time. This position requires the ability to participate in after hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows. This position requires technical as well as supervisory skills.
• Management, maintenance, updating, and support of Company’s WAN and LAN
• Identification and correction of location network connectivity issues
• Understanding and execution of TCP/IP skills and IP address subnetting
• Manage traffic in and out of network hardware (routers) to ensure maximum utilization
• Participates in the overall planning and health of the network infrastructure, monitoring network stability, performance and implementing solutions as appropriate.
• Participates in DR testing and maintain detailed documentation of the primary and redundant network infrastructure.
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance and adjust network specifications based on any identified problems
• Analyze network connectivity to ensure that hardware is utilized at its highest capacity
• Perform network analysis and disaster recovery planning and testing for the Company’s WAN environment.
• Communicate with client groups on a regular basis to determine needs
• Work closely with customer’s leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
• Manage the projects and/or solutions to client group expectations.
• Supervise team activities.
• Lead project scope development and options analysis.
• Identify and recommend solution to meet customer needs and implement chosen solution.
• Manage / Co-manage and coordinate multiple projects from the identification of need to implementation that have department or division-wide implications and impact; such efforts will require cross-function involvement with IT groups.
• Ongoing monitoring of system/solution performance.
• Other projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required
• CCNA certification preferred or equivalent experience.
• 8 years of hands-on functional experience – technical.
• 2-3 years of project management (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
• 3 years of complex ne : twork design
• 3 years prior supervisory skills required.
• Experience with the following technologies:
- Cisco ACI
- SDWAN – Cisco Viptela
- Tunneling Protocols (GRE, IPSEC)
- Routing Protocols (BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF)
• Experience and full fluency in the following hardware/software (depending on role):
- Cisco Platform (Cisco ACI, routers, switches, wireless access points, and WLSE)
- Aruba Platform (switches & wireless access points)
- SolarWinds Network Management System
- VPN implementations (GRE, IPSEC, Client)
- Infoblox DNS & DHCP and IP subnetting
- Bandwidth / Circuit monitoring tools.
- Microsoft office applications (including Visio)
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to
leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
3000 Auburn Dr
Beachwood, OH 44122
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Beachwood
Job : Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: : PL.IT Engineering Supervisor
Req ID: 2115023
- Penske Jobs