Lockheed Martin People Analytics & Technology Expert in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin is embarking on a transformational journey – destination the future. HR systems, data science and analytics are Lockheed Martin’s path to the future where technology and information drive decisions that create value across the entire lifecycle. This includes how our workforce will operate, as well. To help us along this journey we are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Staff People Analytics & Technology.
This position can be summarized in this way:
• You will play a key role in managing the design, development and implementation of analytic solutions roadmap
• You will be able direct the analysis of actual and predictable integrated operational activities in human capital and business systems to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through logical, scientific or economic techniques - using data to create meaningful business insights
• You will have an opportunity to manage the strategy, design and creation of datasets required for analysis that use a variety of modelling and measurement techniques using mathematical and statistical methods
• You will provide consultation to clients and potentially lead cross-functional teams to address business issues
This critical role will drive the technical transformation of the RMS People Analytics & Technology organization by designing and implementing ways to leverage automation, driving optimization of product and service delivery.
Ability to extract, reconcile, analyze, and communicate data in a business context providing insights and storytelling. If this is something that sounds interesting and challenging to you, this is the right opportunity for you! The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, People Analytics & Technology for Lockheed Martin. The team is responsible for providing HR insights to HR professionals and business leaders, interfacing with a broader group of Business Area teams on reporting and HR systems.
You will work directly with HR functional organizations to understand human capital needs. You will determine what the long term technical strategy and roadmap should be, what data is relevant, pulling data out of complex databases and integrating disparate data sources.
In this position, the selected candidate will:
• Define and design of human capital analytic solutions to support stakeholder requirements and desired business outcomes
• Build of visualizations or reports that connect data to information that end-users can successfully use to obtain insights and act
• Improve established reporting tools by studying current practices and designing modifications
• Maintain user confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential
• Understand and communicate operational impacts of system changes
• Demonstrate inclusion and engagement with the team to achieve results
• Maintain on-going communications and strong working relationships with Human Resource colleagues, including HR Business Partners, Labor Relations, Compensation, Global Diversity and Inclusion, and Talent Acquisition.
• Utilize software tools/Solutions (e.g. SQL, Business Objects (BOBJ), WebFocus/FOCUS, R, Python, Tableau, Alteryx, WordPress, PeopleSoft, Brassring) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access) as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the organization objectives
The position requires the ability to extract data from a data warehouse using a GUI front end tool and also a SQL-like tool. In addition, extracted data must be formatted into organized easy to follow reports and visualizations to help paint a picture for the client, making the data easily understandable. With ever increasing demands for data to influence and drive workforce decisions, expect a fast pace with requests ranging from simple to highly complex.
Influence RMS’ people strategy development and management through strategic workforce planning process.
• Demonstrated experience defining and implementing advanced analytic strategies.
• Demonstrated experience defining and implementing advanced analytic capabilities and data protection/discretion.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing company-wide or high impact data analytics processes and tools.
• Demonstrated experience managing HR systems transformation initiatives, including developing project plans, preparing corresponding communication plans, identifying milestones, deadlines and metrics to assess outcomes/results.
• Demonstrated experience delivering results for the business though proactive insights, storytelling and effective communication.
• Demonstrated experience in communication and collaboration.
• Demonstrated learning agility.
• Facilitate decision making.
• Demonstrated emphasis on customer focus and outstanding customer service.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the field/discipline of Human Resources practices, processes and regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Workforce Planning, Analytics, & Reporting practices, processes and results.
• Demonstrated experience leading others, setting the vision/strategy and direction, partnering with relevant orgs to achieve the intended results.
• Demonstrated experience using relevant software tools/solutions e.g., Microsoft Office, SAS, MatLab, SPSS.
• Demonstrated experience consulting with executives, Human Resources, and business leaders.
• Demonstrated ability and experience coaching leaders and employees.
• Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders using multiple methods based on context.
• Basic to moderate knowledge and experience with change management principals and methodology; preference for using Prosci methodology.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics.
• Demonstrate strong decision making and judgment, oral and written communication, and business acumen.
• Demonstrated Business & Financial acumen.
• Communicate verbally and visually in ways customer understands
• Adaptable consulting and facilitation skills
• Partner cross-functionally
• Translate requirements into actionable tasks
• Translate requirements into meaningful solutions
• Align work to vision and strategy
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs