Marriott Security Engineer - Endpoint Security in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 21002262
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Marriott+International+HQ%2C10400+Fernwood+Road%2CBethesda%2CMaryland%2CUS)
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Global Information Security Engineering team looking for a technical SME for Endpoint Security responsible for the design, implementation, and operational management of endpoint security solutions across multi / hybrid environment that includes on-premise and public Cloud -AWS, Azure.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent experience/certification
· 5+ years of information technology experience, with 3+ years of experience in endpoint security in on-premise and public Cloud environments.
· 3+ years’ experience with design, implementation, review and optimization of endpoint security solutions, e.g. Anti-malware, Endpoint Detection and Response, Application Controls, Host Intrusion Detection / Prevention and Firewalls, Web Secure Gateway)
· 2+ years’ experience with other Endpoint Security technologies such as Crowdstrike, Deep Security, Netskope
· 3+ years working with malware family, attack vector, vulnerability, threat and outbreak containment.
· 3+ years’ experience with multiple Operating System platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac.
· 1+ years’ experience in creating, managing and maintaining endpoint protection security policies in a large, complex environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and the Unix/Linux command line.
· Demonstrated knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as NIST, FIPS-140, CSA, and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements for PCI-DSS.
· Functional understanding of scripting languages (Powershell, Python, VBScript, etc.)
· Current information security certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other.
· Analytical/problem solving ability, written and verbal communication skills and relationship management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
· Ability to manage the details and compliance of security controls with standards and regulations
· Technical infrastructure operations, administration, or engineering background
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Endpoint Security Engineering
· Responsible for the design, deployment, and configuration of the Marriott International endpoint security solutions
· Responsible for refining policies, processes and procedures as it relates to the user experience with the software and configurations.
· Evaluate systems with the goal of identifying and remediating existing gaps in vendor solutions and platform technologies.
· Be technically proficient with vendor and open source capabilities available to stay ahead of the threats
· Configuration Management for Windows / Linux / Mac Endpoints using industry standard tools to meet Security requirements that align with CIS hardening guidelines
· Manage the policies of our endpoint security software
· Partner closely with Windows / Linux / Mac Engineering leads to coordinate efforts, initiatives, and roadmaps
· Write scripts/policies that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools
· Lead transition plans for major upgrades or patches for Endpoint Security tools.
· Integrate with other internal systems and tools
· Work as the critical path between various support teams for issues on the client platform
· Drive client security models and standard methodologies in an enterprise environment
· Develop solutions that meet the business needs to complex customer requirements
· Work proficiently with minimal supervision and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
· Work closely with ITS to ensure technical security policy balances security best practices and corporate usability.
· Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
· Assist in developing long-term strategies around securing our endpoints that meets our end user current and future needs.
· Responsible for managing, monitoring and providing key metrics for the Endpoint Security environment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs