Marriott Sr. Systems Engineer-Workplace Engineering in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 21002298
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Marriott+International+HQ%2C10400+Fernwood+Road%2CBethesda%2CMaryland%2CUS)
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Systems Engineer serves as a Subject Matter Expert in a complex array of solutions. An ideal candidate will exhibit strong communications skills, be self-motivated, adaptable and dependable. This individual will play a critical role in engineering and supporting End User Computing’s Cloud and Workplace services as a technical resource. They will contribute in resolving complex issues and providing input for decisions on more complex, non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk. This role will be called upon can make contributions into research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of systems to meet current and future user requirements. This individual will collaborate on multiple projects to ensure for successful completion.
Education and Experience
Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
7+ years’ experience in information technology
5+ years engineering one of the following solutions:
Directory (AD, AAD)
End Point Security (Crowdstrike, Checkpoint, Cylance, Trend)
3+ years working with one of the following services:
Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
Federated Identity Provider (Ping, Tivoli)
3+ years developing solutions in two or more of the following: HTML, JSON, VB Script, VB.NET, Linux Shell Script, Power Shell, Java, C#, C, Python, or Swift.
3+ years engineering one or more of the following solutions:
E-mail Protection and Security (Enterprise Vault, Ironport, Proofpoint)
End User Monitoring (Nexthink, Stratusphere)
Infrastructure Monitoring (Patrol, SCOM)
MDM (Airwatch, Mobile Iron, Intune)
Patching and Software Distribution (BigFix, Tanium, WSUS)
3+ years engineering solutions for Windows 2012 or higher
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives
Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
Demonstrated experience with Agile, user-centered design, design thinking, heuristic analysis, and Riskiest Assumption Testing methods.
Demonstrated experience with integrating emerging technology into a large, global business using both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
Demonstrated experience with Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Splunk, or Spark.
Demonstrated experience engineering event correlation systems from multiple sources such as IDS/IPS, Web Application Firewalls, Syslogs, Event Logs.
Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
Strong understanding of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class technologies.
Technical operations, administration, or engineering background
Proficiency in Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Provides engineering, oversight, governance and tactical direction related to the cloud and workplace services that are required to enable the delivery of IT services
· Provides input to the overall architecture, operational governance model
· Researches, designs, and tests components that are standards based, high performing, highly available, and secure in delivering the required business functionality
· Educates internal and external users on the technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how to operate and support the technology services
Participates in the evaluation and selection of service products
Supports analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and designs solutions for improvement
Utilizes capacity modeling to ensure systems have the necessary space and resources to perform the business strategy and goals.
Utilizes capability modeling to align systems strategy and planning with business strategy and goals
Consults with project teams to identify when it is necessary to modify services to accommodate project needs
Supports, implements and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes and practices
Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for assigned projects
Leads Peer Design Reviews and Design Thinking sessions
· Performs quantitative and qualitative analyses for service design processes and projects.
· Participates with the Service Delivery and Transition teams in planning and coordinating implementation, reviewing quality control of systems functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation.
· Coordinates with appropriate IT and vendor relation teams.
· Acts as a 4th level of support to cloud and workplace products and platforms.
· Provides early warning to leadership regarding degraded or missed service levels
· Follows all defined standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
· Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
· Follows the defined project management standards and process
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs