US Foods General Warehouse EE - SY Birmingham-2 in Birmingham, Alabama
Join Our Community of Food People!
Perform product selection, receiving and palletizing while adhering to USDA Safety and Sanitation Regulations and customer specifications.
Production General Warehouse, Birmingham Stock Yards
JOIN OUR PRODUCTION TEAM
Ready to build a career with a company that’s leading the foodservice industry? We help you make it!
Benefits: Immediate benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, strong safety culture, and much more!
US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and a history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and continuous improvement focus.
Main Ingredients of the Job
· Pick and pack orders per customer specification
· Scan product as directed to capture required data
· Sort, organize, repack, palletize, track, weight and break down various products to assist production as needed.
· Ship and receive product utilizing assigned material handling equipment.
· Perform various facility sanitation duties as required.
· Must adhere to USDA Safety and Sanitation Regulations for food safety requirements
· Retain information concerning packed meat/poultry (i.e. item number, label type, etc.)
· Ability to safely operate packaging equipment/familiar with lockout/tag out or similar safety procedures.
· Meet company standards and customer specifications.
· Complete miscellaneous other duties as assigned by management.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
· Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 80 lbs. frequently while continuously standing or walking.
· Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment 35°F- 50°F.
· Must be able to work for periods of time in a freezer environment -10°F to +10°F with company provided apparel.
· Finish time is when work is completed and could require overtime with or without notice.
What You Bring to the Table
· Minimum one-year production and/or warehouse experience preferred, preferably in a food environment
· Able to work overtime as needed
· Must be able to operate and walk behind electric pallet jack and sit down or stand up forklifts.
· Knowledge of all beef, lamb, and pork products preferred
· Knowledge of USDA grades and standards as well as food safety.
Why US Foods
At US Foods we’re committed to our mission of GREAT FOOD, MADE EASY – providing food products that keep operators ahead of customer demand and services that help them run their operations.
Our production team members prepare the orders that sustain our business, instilling and reinforcing safety above all else. We team up to deliver accurate and quality orders. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and service. Together, we help our customers make it, but we also believe in helping our production team make it. We are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here at https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USFCCPApolicy.pdf .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .
- US Foods Jobs