Lincoln Financial Group Analyst, Data Analytics in Boston, Massachusetts
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position will support and/or direct the development of experience analysis infrastructure, actuarial assumptions, claim analytics infrastructure, and/or monitoring processes/tools for the Group Protection business (primarily Group Disability and Group Life). S/he will direct, develop and perform complex data engineering and actuarial analysis required of these efforts while effectively project planning, communicating findings, and providing recommendations to management as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts experience analysis, including determining and implementing methodology changes, reviewing internal experience and identifying material trends/changes, and delivering information to key stakeholders (incl. valuation, pricing, and claims teams) for use in their processes
• Develops key baseline assumptions for LTD, Life, STD and other Group Protection businesses using internal experience with supporting industry experience (e.g., termination rates, reopen rates, SSDI offset rates, incidence rates, etc.)
• Supports engineering of robust experience analysis and claim analytics infrastructure, including complex data engineering and dashboard development in partnership with management reporting and data science teams.
• Inventory, review, analyze, document, and clearly communicate all Group Protection assumption bases through a rigorous and cross-functional Assumption Governance process
• Reviews emerging experience on a regular basis, identifies and assesses drivers of any significant variances, and assesses impacts of anticipated internal and external trends
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects.
• Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality.
• Consults/Analyzes on more complex assignments and/or projects.
• Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in the various systems are utilized and can triangulate various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making.
• Serves as a resource to advise management & business stakeholders on use of quality business analytics, tools, and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and interpretation of various business metrics.
• Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
• Understands vision, goals, and direction of the organization
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or other quantitative major (Minimum Required)
• 3 - 5+ Years of data analytics, data mining, and/or reporting experience that aligns to the responsibilities of this position (Required)
• Experience with SQL and/or SAS (Strongly preferred)
• Experience with Python, R, Tableau, Java, or C++ (Preferred)
• Insurance analyst experience (Preferred)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs