Cardinal Health Warehouse Associate II, Operations (Outbound) in Buford, Georgia
Warehouse Associate II, Operations
Hours: Monday - Thursday starting at 2:00pm (4x10s)
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
- Warehouse Operations is responsible forperforming/controllinga combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to operate a reach truck, order picker, and walkie rider. Be able to lift at least 50 lbs consecutively throughout the work day. Able to adapt to change in a fast pace work environment.
- Must be able to work Monday - Thursday starting at 2:00pm until completion. Will require overtime as needed.
- Midshift is responsible for picking product for Aeromed, Base, and Value link customers. There are multiple modes of transportation that the product is shipped and it will be required for the associate to have experience picking on order pickers and low unit of measure. The associate will have strict quality and productivity goals to achieve daily, weekly and monthly.
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including Inbound, ValueLink and Outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with RF scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate heavy equipment to replenish warehouse
- Utilize voice to pick system to pick large case items with material handling equipment or to pick small unit of measure items and place on cart
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 Ibs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs