Hilton Maintenance Engineer - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The DoubleTree by Hilton Cedar Rapids Convention Complex is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their Engineering team!
This 267 room hotel and convention complex is connected to the Alliant Energy PowerHouse, home to Cedar Rapids conventions and events. Located two blocks from Cedar Rapids Museum of Art and Paramount Theatre.
The ideal candidate will have general knowledge and understanding of general maintenance, a genuine passion to want to grow and develop their career in the engineering field, the ability to work quickly and effectively both alone or as part of a team, reliable and have good customer service skills. Previous experience with plumbing, HVAC and electrical is preferred.
This is a full time position will pay $16.00 per hour and is requiring full availability to work both weekdays and weekends. Shifts will mainly be focussed from 2:30pm - 11pm. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to kickstart their Engineering career!
Here are some perks you can enjoy when joining our team
• Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
• Career growth & development
• The Go Hilton travel discount program
• Competitive wellness benefits
• Team Member Resource Groups
• Recognition and rewards programs
• And so much more
What will I be doing?
As a Maintenance Engineer, you would be responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and heart-of-the-house areas
- Respond to guest calls and team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment
- Perform a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry
- Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Maintenance Engineer - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
Requisition ID: HOT080ZK
- Hilton Jobs