HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Language Pathologist PRN in Charleston, South Carolina
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
As a PRN employee you'll enjoy: * Flexible scheduling * Competitive pay * 401(k) with employer match * Employee Stock Purchase Program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of ourInpatient *Rehab Therapy*team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the healthcare team theSpeech Language Pathologistis responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to social and cognitive communication as well as swallowing disorders. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role: * You will conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine physical condition, limitations, medical histories and patient goals * You will enable patients with speech and language disorders, whether it is receptive or expressive, to communicate as effectively and clearly as possible * You will assist the physician with determining appropriate dietary feeding levels for patients with dysphagia and progress the level through the use of therapeutic techniques as appropriate * You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process * You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
- Graduation from an accredited school of a Master’s level Speech Language Pathology program is required
- Must be licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
- Must have Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs) per ASHA
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as a Speech Therapist is preferred and/or familiarity with performing and reading swallowing assessments For more than 40 yearsTrident Medical Centerhas proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties in beautiful South Carolina. Trident Medical Center is a 320 bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of patient services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital’s specialty services include:
- An award-winning Heart Center
- The South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery
- The Trident Breast Care Center
- The Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic - the region’s only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Centeroffers critical care services and 24/7 Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Trident Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for ourSpeech Language Pathologistopening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Language Pathologist PRN
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-26752