BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Director, Infrastructure Operations & Support in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Provides leadership for delivery of 24/7 Infrastructure Operations & Support organization with accountability for maintaining and maximizing operational performance of the enterprise data center, compute, storage, backup/recovery, networking, telecom and database administration functions as well as accountability for the IT Operations Center.
- Drives Infrastructure operations, support and service excellence through a focus on availability, stability, resiliency, and security while effectively and efficiently managing operating costs and reliably meets performance targets.
- Develops and implements sustainable operations and support services strategies in alignment with Infrastructure Architecture & Engineering and peer IS organizations to continually improve service performance.
- Effective and efficient oversight of Data Center Infrastructure services including working with peer organizations such as network engineering, project management, and facilities/maintenance to successfully delivery and maintain data center capacity to support ongoing business operations.
- Provides strong leadership and environment necessary for building high performing teams and developing a customer-focused culture of ongoing optimization and improvement of support operations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, business administration or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 10 years - Experience in IT infrastructure engineering or operations
- 5 years - Demonstrated experience leading large infrastructure support & operations teams providing supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization
- 5 years - Data center management including strong knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical systems in use in the data center environment, including generators, switchgear, UPS systems, chillers, and CRAC/CRAH units
- 1 year - Demonstrated experience developing, managing and continually improving service operations
- 1 year - Proven experience in establishing standard processes & documentation for support teams
- Strong people leader skills and managing, mentoring and guiding the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Deep understanding of leading IT operational practices with experience to implement them.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (e.g., Hybrid Cloud, Hyper-coverged, Software Defined Infrastructure, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage large budgets and manage costs across a wide array of IT spend.
- Experience negotiating large contracts with IT vendors and managing vendor contracts and relationships, including performance expectations, contractual renewals, and billing.
- Ability to develop positive partnerships both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex and technical issues to an executive audience with clarity and conciseness.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving optimal results through data-driven decision making.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Job Specific Requirements:
Preferred skills below:
- Knowledge of ITIL or ITIL certification
- Position has flexibility to work up to two days a week remote
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statement:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices (https://www.bcbst.com/docs/equal-employment-opportunity.pdf)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Jobs