Hyatt Network Automation Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt is a global leading hospitality company with over 700 managed, franchised, owned and developed properties worldwide. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests, and owners. We are looking for a driven technology professional with a strong process orientation, deep technical skills, the ability to work under pressure, and desire to continuously improve.
Job Description: Hyatt is currently seeking to add a full time network resource with a background in automation. The role provides daily challenges and no day is the same as the next. This role has both operational and strategic responsibilities, along with interaction with customers. This role will plan, coordinate, implement and deliver automated services to our customers on a variety of platforms and vendors, including Cisco, F5, HP and Juniper. The ideal candidate will have subject matter expertise within network technologies with a focus on networking process automation. The Network Automation Engineer’s goal will be to deliver a high-quality product by committed delivery dates, consistently.
- Design, implement and support new and existing network services for customers/partners
- Improve performance and availability of existing network services with tools/automation
- Research, document, publish, maintain and improve network policies and procedures
- Work closely with project/development teams to increase quality of network deliverables
- Work with Hyatt management to improve process and procedures to improve efficiencies
- Out of the box thinking – text book solutions are not always the best answer!
- Mentor, train and assist team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or other related field
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals including IP dynamic routing, switching, load balancing, VPN/GRE tunneling and proxy services
- Advanced knowledge of specific technology including Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS and ASA
- 3 year experience hands on supporting and troubleshooting of large scale networks
- 1 year experience with design/implementation of complex network solutions with automation
- Foundational understanding of network management, security and monitoring fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible to work on/off shift to meet company, customer and internal requirements
- Experience with network configuration automation tools with such as SDWAN, Python, Ansible, Rundeck and/or Jenkins.
Detailed documentation skill set
Experience with networking aspects of large public/private cloud service providers such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Experience with design and deployment of IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Experience administering network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds NMS, Cisco Prime and Microsoft SCOM.
- Experience with Cisco Sourcefire, ISE and wireless technologies
Advanced certifications in Cisco networking technology (CCNP or CCIE Route and Switch, Data Center, Security or Service Provider) and F5 load balancers (F5 Technology Specialist / Solution Expert)
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is global hospitality company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Hyatt employs 100,000 associates worldwide and has revenues 4.5B annually. Hyatt was recognized by Fortune in 2013-2018 as one of the Best Companies to work for. More information can be found at:http://fortune.com/best-companies/hyatt/
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009248
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.