Allegion Manufacturing Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs
Salary Range: $50,800-$94,400
Compensation: This range is provided by Allegion. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop and improve processes for mixed-model assemblies and high volume, precision machining to include tool design and process troubleshooting. The engineer will drive productivity improvements through applications of lean principles to reduce cycle times and waste by developing standard work, designing and balancing production cells, and implementing capital equipment. The engineer must possess strong interpersonal skills, working both independently and within a wide variety of cross functional teams.
The Manufacturing Engineer will interface with hourly associates, engineers, department leaders, maintenance technicians, quality technicians, tool makers, office personnel, etc.
The scope of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Lead and implement process improvement events to achieve financial productivity goals
• Develop and improve mixed-model assembly processes
• Develop and improve high volume, precision machining processes
• Design and procure mechanical components and assemblies, workholding fixturing, cutting tools and gages
• Troubleshoot equipment and process failures
• Seek out and develop lower cost, higher quality alternatives to current manufacturing methods
• Manage capital equipment from requisition through procurement to installation and operator training
• Lead multiple projects to include development of and adherence to schedule, resources, and budget
• Develop and implement safety and quality improvements
• Work with product design engineering, marketing, operations and quality assurance to implement new and improve existing products, utilizing tools such as Six Sigma, DOE, FMEA, and DFA/DFM
• Minimum B.S. in Engineering
• Minimum three years related experience
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Mechanical design, manufacturing and assembly
• PTC Creo or equivalent solid modeling design
• Lean methodology
• Project management
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with time and resource constraints
• Strong teamwork and internal customer-relation skills
• Effective verbal and written communication at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within teams
• Effective data collection, analysis, interpretation, and resulting decision-making
What You’ll Get from Us:
Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy” (https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/culture.html#serve)
Unlimited Paid Time Off
A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, which currently offers a 6% company match and no vesting period
Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used for healthcare expenses
Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage, paid for by Allegion, provides income replacement for illness or injury
Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase supplemental coverage
Voluntary Wellness Program – Simply complete wellness activities and earn up to $2,000 in rewards
Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself” (https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/culture.html#serve)
Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths assessment & coaching
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team .
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer (https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/equal-opportunity.html)
Join Our Talent Network (https://www.applytracking.com/optin.aspx?c=JM%2bYYM49ORLnaCr9EobAURIpQPZbjwuJ)
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.
- Allegion Jobs