Ingersoll Rand Controls Technician in COLUMBUS, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Remote Support Specialist (RSS) is a key role aimed at providing more value to Trane’s customers. The RSS works closely with Direct Account Managers, Controls Account Managers, Project Developers, Service Technicians, Account Engineers and customers to evaluate building performance and provide recommendations to the customer to improve performance. The RSS is expected to have good knowledge of the customer’s building systems and operations in order to provide expert advice on how to improve buildings through operational changes, controls optimization and system upgrades. The RSS supports the following services under Intelligent Services: Trane Active Monitoring, Trane Energy Performance, and the Trane Building Performance.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in HVAC equipment systems (to include Chilled Water Systems, Unitary and Airside systems), Building Automation Programming and Systems (Tracer, Tracer SC, Tracer Summit, LON and BACNET protocols), controls, operation and service delivery. The RSS provides building systems optimization expertise to demonstrate improvement in the performance of customer buildings via any technology enablers for Controls and Intelligent Services offers.
Essential Job Functions
- Use data and trends available through Building Automation Systems (BAS), Building Energy Management Services (BEMS), Intelligent Services Command Center, and Trane Energy Performance (EP) to monitor and evaluate building performance for Trane customers. Provide recommendations to the Trane Account Managers, Account Engineers and Customers on actions to be taken to improve building performance.
- Prepare professional documents to describe findings and recommended actions using charts, graphs, detailed written explanations for Service Agreement customers.
- Responds to control system alarms and customer requests.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems remotely .
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, and programming modifications remotely or onsite as needed.
- Able to provide Remote Customer Support / Training.
- Provide remote assistance for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties and providing service suggestions for on-site work,
- Communicate results of remote diagnostics and analysis to customers and facility engineers as needed.
- Able to setup, maintain and make control system adjustments utilizing knowledge of the various HVAC mechanical systems and equipment.
- Documents work performed and time spent in the appropriate Business System following pre-defined remote service procedures.
- Consistently meet and exceed the needs of internal and external customers (Customer Satisfaction oriented).
- Consistently meet short and long-term deadlines.
- Demonstrate good judgment, effective decision making, learning, thinking rationally in all situations.
- Two-year College or technical school or 3 years’ experience in control systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of controls experience.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to analyze the facility’s HVAC System as an “Entire Integrated System”. Able to understand how changing a single control parameter or sequence effects the overall HVAC System performance.
- Valid driver’s license required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBUS-Ohio
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 1:53:05 PM