Hilton Director of Marketing - Hotel del Coronado in Coronado, California
The Director of Marketing oversees all Marketing Planning & Execution strategies. Accountable for the development, management, execution, and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies to include, but not limited to: Positioning, Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Advertising, Collateral, and Content. All efforts should be focused on maximizing performance. Success measures include budget achievement, increasing topline revenue, optimizing expenses, and achieving channel/market share objectives.
As a member of the hotel’s Executive Committee reporting directly to the General Manager, this role requires regular interaction with the hotel’s Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, Director of Finance, Director of Food & Beverage, and Director of Spa. This position is a managerial role that is responsible for the hiring, development, and success of the on-property marketing team.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic marketing professional who thrives on creativity and strategic planning. This individual encompasses the following skillsets:
Branding / Positioning
Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy
Storytelling from Data
Ability to Engage Others / Presentation Skills
Leadership & People Management
Builds a close alignment with on-property, managed marketing, and brand marketing teams.
Successfully develops and executes the strategic and tactical elements of the annual marketing plan and iterative commercial need.
Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
Serves as a marketing evangelist – helping to educate property leaders and owners on marketing strategies, tactics, and results (both at a property and enterprise-level)
A passion for learning and staying on the cutting edge of new digital strategies, trends and technologies. This may include attending related trade/business events, conferences and workshops.
Highly adaptable to seasonality and shifting priorities
Marketing and eCommerce Planning & Strategy
- Branding & Positioning: Establishes all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies, understanding the impact to the hotel’s business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards
- Plan & Budget: Develops strategic marketing plans and establish annual marketing budgets along with the General Manager, Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, Director of Food & Beverage, and Director of Spa. Marketing plans should be annual, monthly and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- B2B Sales & Catering Marketing Support: Collaborates with the Director of Sales to provide marketing support to all sales-impacted market segments, including but not limited to, BT (Business Transient) accounts, GDS, B2B Groups, and Luxury Consortia. Liaison with C&E (Catering & Events) Team to support menu design and B2B marketing efforts for local and group catering.
- On-Property Experiences: Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations.
- Market Research: conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and paid marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and product concepts.
- Content & Asset Strategy: Manages the strategic direction on all consumer-facing marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3rdParty Sites, Digital & Print Advertising, On-Property & In-Room Collateral, and Sales Tools.
- Agency Management: Responsible for the agency vetting process, agency relationship/management, and ensuring agency alignment to the wider strategic plan and goals. Agencies may include a social media agency, creative agency, PR agency, and/or media buying agency.
- Reporting: Works with Revenue Management to utilize data to make strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance.
- Partnerships: Internal Partnerships: Works with and leverages internal corporate partners including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Regional Leaders, and the eCommerce Consulting Group (ECG).
- External Partnerships: Identifies partnership/sponsorship opportunities for joint outreach that align to the hotel’s positioning.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive knowledge of marketing communication mediums to include but not limited to traditional, digital, and social channels.
- Ability to perform critical analysis and to manage extensive amounts of information.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce internal/external sales and marketing communication
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively navigate the enterprise and communicate with department heads, executive committee members, team members and corporate leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and achieve deadlines.
- Media buying experience, both traditional and digital.
- Copy development.
Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel & Outlook)
- Social Sites and other applications
- CMS platforms
- Digital analytics
Bachelor’s Degree required
Emphasis in marketing and/or public relations preferred
- Masters degree preferred, but not required.
- 10 years of combined marketing, advertising, and/or ecommerce marketing experience.
- Prior experience analyzing marketing and eCommerce reports is required
- Prior hotel/travel industry experience preferred, but not required
- Prior luxury experience preferred, but not required
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Marketing Services
Title: Director of Marketing - Hotel del Coronado
Requisition ID: HOT075FW
- Hilton Jobs