HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU in Corpus Christi, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in the CVICU.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_Corpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX_ _ _ _Registered Nurse – Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)_ _ _ Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631- bed Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
What you will do in this role: * Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the CVICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG’s.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrythmic and other special drugs.
- Assists with insertion of arterial lines, pulmonary artery catheters and IABP.
- Monitors invasive pressures such as those above.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
- May accompany patients in transport during interfacility transfers.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed
What qualifications you will need:
* One year of current Cardiovascular Intensive Care experienced required.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Current TX Licensure as an RN.
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification * American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within 90 days HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU
Location: Texas-Corpus Christi-Corpus Christi Heart Hospital
Requisition ID: 08298-10866