HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Division Network Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As the Division Network Engineer you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match [3%-9% of pay based on years of service])
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Division Network Engineer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As the Division Network Engineer you will assist with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support the HCA Healthcare division network and security infrastructure. As a primary technical resource for the division you will be responsible for the set-up and repair of division and facility network infrastructure, including the monitoring and diagnosis of network performance, and resolution of network-based incidents and requests reported to the division service desk, especially complex incidents requiring research and diagnostics.
You will maintain the HCA Healthcare network and security environments by adhering to and supporting HCA Healthcare ITG policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of division and facility-based network equipment. You will assist with division and facility-based project planning, strategic planning, 24x7 on-call support with other members of division IT staff, and may be required to supplement facility-based, on-site support to technical resources.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• You will assist with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support of hardware and software to support the division network. This includes, but is not limited to: monitoring routers, switches, and circuits for failures and recommending corrective action.
• Assisting with the creation, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
• You will provide 24x7 on-call support based on division ITG staff rotation and carries a pager as warranted, to assist with troubleshooting, coordination, escalation, and resolution of network or security-based incidents, equipment failures.
• Mentoring and training division Network Administrators and Associate Network Administrators
• You will effectively work with division and corporate ITG personnel to ensure that division priorities and standards are achieved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES Required:
• Support networks, data architecture, applicable technologies and vendor products
• Broad understanding of security systems, utilities, firewall, router, switch hardware and software
• Network and routing topology
• Diagnostic techniques
• Applicable communication protocols and hardware configurations
• Statistical and analytical tools for network monitoring
EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree in information systems is preferred
A minimum of two years of experience with data networking technologies
Certification in Cisco CCNA/CCDA preferred and a valid state driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable personal transportation capable of transporting both employee and standard work equipment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of its World’s Most Ethical Companies for ten consecutive years, and we are proud of the impact we are having in our communities through employment, investment and charitable giving. In addition, HCA Healthcare pays significant taxes that help pay for vital community infrastructure, and we also provide charity care, uninsured discounts and other uncompensated care at a cost of $3.7 billion annually. We are making the communities we serve healthier and stronger.
HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising more than 180 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom. With more than 280,000 colleagues driven by one purpose—to give patients healthier tomorrows—we are excited about the future of medicine and believe we are uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the transformation of clinical care.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Senior Director of IT opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Division Network Engineer
Location: Colorado-Denver-HealthOne System Support
Requisition ID: 25507-16415