HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker III in Denver, Colorado
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as a Medical Social Worker with Rose Medical Center (HealthONE / HCA). Submit your application today!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HealthONE / HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Rose Medical Center (HealthONE / HCA) team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
- You will be**responsible for promoting patient-centered care by evaluating psychosocial needs, providing community service coordination for identified patient populations, and providing support and crisis intervention where indicated. You will act as a liaison between the patient and community resources/post-acute care providers.
- You will create and facilitate timely implementation of discharge plans and arranges post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care.
- You will facilitate patient movement across the continuum of care and identifies, addresses, and tracks barriers to patient throughput.
What you will do in this role:
- In partnership with RN CM, the social worker is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- The social worker will respond timely to referrals from RN CM or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health are identified
- Perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of care for high risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial needs
- Perform proactive discharge planning
- Provide expertise in post-acute services and community resources
- Identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery, including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical, spiritual
- Provide psychosocial support and resources
- Provide education to patients and caregivers regarding community resources and post-acute level of care criteria, benefits, and coverage
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating family conferences
- Engage in community outreach and program development to support patient and caregiver needs
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning process
- Maintain effective communication between members of the care team
- Provide expertise in ethics cases
- Assist patients and caregivers with end of life issues, from advance directives to grief support
- Provide psychosocial support to patients and caregivers for adjustment to patients’ chronic and/ or terminal illness/death
What qualifications you will need:
- State licensure or certification in social work or case management preferred
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) required.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) preferred
- Acute care social work experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about internal, community and post-acute care resources
- Basic social worker skills including but not limited to empathy, sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, advocacy, communication and crisis intervention
Rose Medical Center, a well-known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. Rose is an acute care hospital with 422 licensed beds, 1,150 employees, 150 volunteers, and 1,500 affiliated physicians.
With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to "serve the need of every creed." By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world. Rose Medical Center, a HealthONE hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organization like Rose the meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Our Staff at Rose take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker III
Location: Colorado-Denver-Rose Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03216-105102