HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telemetry Technician - Full Time Days in Denver, Colorado
Presbyterian/ St. Luke’s Medical Center provides the most advanced care for patients from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. PSL has over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians. Three year accreditation with Commendation from Commission on Cancer (CoC), and Joint Commission Accreditation. PSL has a Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapy for the Rocky Mountain Blood and Marrow Transplant Program. American College of Surgeons Survey of the Cancer Program, American Society of Bariatric, and Weight Loss Surgery of Excellence Certification, American Association of Blood Banks.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our twelve core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that P/SLMC creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
Position Summary:The monitor technician monitors patient’s ECG waveforms, ETCO2, and continuous pulse oximetry (spO2) from a centralized monitoring room. The monitor technician supports nursing personnel by continuous observation of ECG, ETCO2, and spO2. The monitor technician provides the ability for immediate alert of the RN of alarms and watches for subtle monitor and parameter changes that may occur prior to critical events. The monitor technician notifies the primary RN or charge RN when patient parameters and waveforms are outside of established parameters. The tasks and responsibilities include:
· Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias
· Reports all changes in heart rate, rhythm, ETCO2 values, and de-saturations to the primary RN or charge RN on the unit.
· Maintains all telemetry supplies.
· Documents patient condition in the computer documentation system at required intervals
· Performs all duties with full understanding of related age specific factors
· Orients and Mentors new staff
· Demonstrates full knowledge of all parameter value limits (critical high and low) and ECG changes that warrant notification of RN.
· Prints rhythm strips on admission, every shift, and with changes for all ECG monitored patients , interprets, and provides to units for RN co-signature.
· Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
· Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.**
· Additional duties as assigned**
A. *Education:*High school graduate or GED. Successful completion of a Basic ECG/Arrhythmia course required. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias, and successful completion of Basic ECG test required (Minimum score: 85% non-lethal rhythms and 100% lethal rhythms) during clinical orientation, required. B. *Licensure/Certification/Registration:*Current BLS certification required. C. *Experience:*One year health care experience required. Unit Secretary in an acute care setting,*Paramedic or EMT experience, and Cardiac monitoring experience preferred*. D. *Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*Demonstrates good organizational skills. Sufficient knowledge of medical and technical terms to accurately transcribe physician orders and complete requisitions. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Competent skills to operate monitor systems and computer. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms, heart rate, ETCO2, SpO2, and arrhythmias and communicate abnormalities to nurses and physicians. Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms, heart rate, and arrhythmias and communicate abnormalities to nurses and physicians
*Degree of Supervision Required: *Under supervision of Registered Nurse
Orientation Period:Minimum of one week contingent upon experience**
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Telemetry Technician - Full Time Days
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-75003