HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telemetry Technician in Denver, Colorado
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
_ Position Summary: _
The monitor technician monitors patient’s ECG waveforms, ETCO2, and continuous pulse oximetry (spO2) from a centralized monitoring room. The monitor technician supports nursing personnel by continuous observation of ECG, ETCO2, and spO2. The monitor technician provides the ability for immediate alert of the RN of alarms and watches for subtle monitor and parameter changes that may occur prior to critical events. The monitor technician notifies the primary RN or charge RN when patient parameters and waveforms are outside of established parameters. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- · Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias
- · Reports all significant changes in heart rate, rhythm, ETCO2 values, and de-saturations to the primary RN or charge RN on the unit in accordance to unit guidelines.
- · Maintains all telemetry supplies.
- · Documents patient condition in the computer documentation system at required intervals.
- · Performs all duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- · Orients and Mentors new staff.
- · Demonstrates full knowledge of all parameter value limits (critical high and low) and ECG changes that warrant notification of RN.
- · Prints rhythm strips on admission, every shift, and with changes for all ECG monitored patients , interprets, and provides to units for RN co-signature.
- · Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
- · Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- · Additional duties as assigned. _ Presbyterian St Luke's Medical Center, _located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO and licensed for 680 beds, PSL provides the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
Since delivering our first baby in 1882 at St. Luke’s Hospital, we have focused on providing exceptional baby care. Today, P/SL offers the region’s most advanced maternal-fetal care, focusing on rare conditions that put mothers and their developing babies at high-risk. The Advanced Cardiac Center at P/SL is known as a major heart hospital, recognized several times over the American Heart Association for excellence and for its success in implementing a higher standard of cardiac care that effectively improves treatment of patients hospitalized for heart disease.
While the tools are ever changing and our ability to care for patients is always advancing, one things remains constant - putting our patients first, with quality, respect, safety and teamwork.
_Facts at a Glance:_ The Rocky Mountain Hospitals for Children at P/SL's 84-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the largest in the Region. Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center leaves a legacy of over 135 years of exceptional medical care Over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians Three Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer The Joint Commission Accreditation 18-bed OR embraces diversity and learning
_ __Position Requirements:_
A. Education:Successful completion of a Basic ECG/Arrhythmia course preferred
B. Licensure/Certification/Registration:Current BLS certification with AHA or ARC required.
C. Experience:One year health care experience required. Unit Secretary in an acute care setting, Paramedic or EMT experience, and Cardiac monitoring experience preferred.
D. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Demonstrates good organizational skills. Sufficient knowledge of medical and technical terms to accurately transcribe physician orders and complete requisitions. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Competent skills to operate monitor systems and computer. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms, heart rate, ETCO2, SpO2, and arrhythmias and communicate abnormalities to nurses and physicians. Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms, heart rate, and arrhythmias and communicate abnormalities to nurses and physicians
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, student loan repayment, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs and employee stock purchase programs. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Telemetry Technician
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-97630