HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech ER PRN in Derry, New Hampshire
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Parkland Medical Center, an 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too!We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Parkland Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Patient Care Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Position Summary:The Patient Care Tech performs delegated patient care tasks to assist the nurse with patient care. He/she is responsible for clerical duties and registration, managing inventory, maintaining room supplies and linen and assisting with patient care.
- Assists patients on/off stretcher, transports patients or escorts ambulatory patients to designated areas
- Records personal effects if indicated
- Obtains and documents vital signs, including orthostatic vital signs as ordered
- Collects specimens including routine urine, clean catch urine, sterile from a Foley catheter, stool, vomitus, sputum, wound culture and sensitivity and throat rapid strep
- Measures, documents and reports patient intake and output including oral fluids, urine, liquid stool, vomitus and other drainage
- Performs reliable, timely phlebotomy
- Performs routine EKGs accurately and timely
- Assists with prep, cleaning wounds and applying dressings under the direction of the physician or nurse
- Performs routine splinting and assists the physician with cast application
- Assists the nurse with treatments, dressing changes and patient discharges
- Assists with Point of Care Testing and Quality Control within scope of practice
- Orders, stocks and maintains Urgent Care supplies
- Maintains cleanliness of Urgent Care equipment
- Cleans and remakes stretchers
- Registers patients and enters orders into Meditech
- Answers call lights promptly and reports pertinent information to the nurse
- Demonstrates department specific skills and competencies, including high-risk, low-volume and problem-prone competencies
- Perform waived Point of Care testing as needed
- Attendance, works as scheduled
- Current New Hampshire Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA), Medical Assistant (MA) or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification, Basic or Intermediate
- American Heart Association BCLSrequired
- Minimum one to two years recent LNA or EMT experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Tech ER PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-5945