HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Scheduling Secretary in Dickson, Tennessee
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Horizon Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation`s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Horizon Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Student Loan Repayment * Tuition Reimbursement Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) We are seeking a Surgery Scheduler for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Scheduling Secretary performs clerical duties within the Surgical Services Department. This position serves as a main liaison between surgeons, office staff, operating room and ancillary departments. Duties Include:
* Schedules procedures and pre-admission testing for Surgical Services, Heart Center and Special Procedures
* Answers phones, relays messages, runs errands
* Receives and directs customers in a friendly and courteous manner
* Maintains departmental logs and statistics
* Enters purchase order requisitions, processes new items for set up in SMART system, and performs daily upkeep of the OR Module.
* Participates in the requisitioning of consignment inventory. TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a 157-bed facility serving Dickson and surrounding counties. TriStar Horizon is an accredited Chest Pain Center, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and offers a full array of acute care services, including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, orthopedics, intensive care, outpatient diagnostic services and cancer care through Sarah Cannon at TriStar Natchez Medical Park. Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Horizon is committed to providing quality healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Minimum of one year of prior administrative duties
- Computer literate with word processing skills; basic typing skills; verbal ability in general communication and report preparation knowledge
- Familiarity with composition of business letters, rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Certification required within 90 days of hire. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: OR Scheduling Secretary
Location: Tennessee-Dickson-Horizon Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02902-89267