Cardinal Health Manager, Logistics Systems in Dublin, Ohio
The Logistics Systems and Administration team is the backbone of our enterprise logistics initiatives, enabling internal and external customers to get what they need from our Cardinal Health Logistics systems. This role enables our systems to optimize and execute shipments from planning through to real time visibility and logistics service provider payment. Our focus expands the supply chain, including medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing, replenishment, and distribution centers. We align data and technology solutions to optimize the value of the warehouse and transportation for the supply chain. The team drives business innovation by leveraging emerging technologies and turning them into differentiating business capabilities. We enable growth through effective and efficient movement of over 40MM shipments annually for our customers. This includes the flow of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers.
What the Logistics Systems Team Contributes to Cardinal Health Logistics
We are seeking an experienced manager to lead a team of system administers, supporting products and solutions that run and manage transportation and logistics execution as part of our supply chain.
The Logistics Systems Team is responsible for system configuration of freight rates, routing instructions, business rules, parameters, and set up and maintenance of new suppliers, logistics service providers, and customers.The team leverages analytics solutions, working closely with the analytics team on continuous improvement to ensure data accuracy and completeness of key data elements that feed the supply chain.
- Effectively manage a team, leveraging experience and strengths to maintain logistics systems.
- Prioritizes completeness and accuracy when team is executing system maintenance.
- Identify and document best practices for team to execute, ensuring SOPs are current to maintain business continuity.
- Partner with the Product Owners across Logistics as solutions are implemented and handed off as run state. Establish efficient, repeatable processes to support the implementation of new capability releases affecting team’s responsibilities.
- Manage execution against project plans and delivery commitments to deliver quality solutions on-time, which may require support from teams across the enterprise (business and EIT).
- Responsible for recruiting, staffing, coaching, and developing talent within the team.Complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Manages expectations with key stakeholders, builds and fosters relationships.
- Create and monitor measures of success for completeness and accuracy of system maintenance and execution, holding self and team accountable to meeting or exceeding these goals throughout the year.
- Accountable to ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are maintained and executed as designed, supporting audit and SOX controls.
- Self and team are reliable subject matter experts in Logistics, Systems and related data that flows to the data lake supporting KPIs and dashboards.
- Demonstrates a strong partnership and fosters collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred, with a concentration in Transportation, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Management Information Systems preferred
- 10+ years of experience working with supply chain operations and associated technologies: SAP, Oracle, Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), shipment visibility tools, freight pay systems, EDI and API integrations
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred
- Experience working with supply chain operations
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Ability to present, demonstrate, evangelize, and influence logistics systems capabilities across business functions, processes, and senior leaders
- Proven experience with leading a team who maintains large scale systems
- Excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, third parties, and customers as needed
- Self-motivated and self-initiates opportunities with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Understanding of procurement activities for logistics service providers and associated rate structures
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel
- Experience in analytics tools, including SQL, At Scale, Tableau, or similar tools
- Strong technical skills in technologies supporting transportation execution activities
- Ability to work effectively in a business environment characterized by complexity, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to establish clear priorities quickly and work effectively under pressure, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs