Cardinal Health Product Designer, Outcomes (remote) in Dublin, Ohio
Are you driven to solve the right problems? Do you thrive on coaxing out ideas from insights and transforming them into compelling experiences? If so, let’s talk. Fuse, the product development and innovation center at Cardinal Health, is looking for a versatile experience designer and mentor who’s excited to craft products and services that help real people while supporting your colleagues as a coveted member of the experience design team.
The healthcare space is exploding with the convergence of new service models, technologies, health sector shifts, and a growing demand for open access to health information. Expectations are higher than ever for simple, useful, and delightful experiences as more people find their real and digital worlds interwoven with the people and spaces that serve their needs. It’s a landscape ripe for thoughtful design and deep collaboration across many disciplines to create the next generation of products and services.
As a Product Designer, you will work within a multi-sided ecosystem, creating solutions that serve patients, pharmacists, insurance payers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers—interesting and complex design challenges in a high growth part of Cardinal’s overall business.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Help product teams deeply understand customer/user behavior, pain points, desires
- Partner with product managers through discovery to validate both problems and solutions
- Articulate experience challenges & opportunities for your product and in healthcare more broadly
- Plan & execute user research studies, analyze data, and uncover insights
- Create low/high-fidelity designs, user flows, and testable prototypes for new products/services
- Relentlessly consider the whole system and each detail from the user’s perspective
- Explain your design rationale to non-designers
- Collaborate across multiple functions to deliver an exceptional cohesive experience
- Clearly identify assumptions and effectively (and creatively) test them
- Determine both quantitative & qualitative insights and translate them into actionable design tasks
- Understand a human-centered product design philosophy and how it will deliver better products and build a competitive advantage
- Establish relationships with cross-functional teams and internal & external stakeholders
- Demonstrate qualities of transparency, trust, vulnerability, psychological safety, and collaboration
Need to have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in end-to-end experience design in a human-centered approach
- A clear grasp of best practices for designing web and mobile products — and habits to stay current
- IA, journey mapping, and interaction design chops and proficiency with the relevant tools
- Proven visual design and creative development skills
- Experience observing/co-facilitating basic user research, service prototyping, and usability testing
- Solid visual, verbal, and written communication skills required in the service of great storytelling
- Comfort designing within a modern product design lifecycle
- Some regular expectation of travel (once it’s safe again)
- An ability to work remotely
Nice to have:
- BS/MS degree in human factors, design, psychology, sociology, or relevant experience
- Experience designing in healthcare for relevant segments — e.g. consumer, pharmacy, health plans, etc.
- Familiarity with pharmacy and oncology concepts and vocabulary
- Experience designing modern data visualizations
- A conversant understanding of strategy, operations, and technology behind healthcare businesses
Relocation is not required.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs