Cardinal Health Sr. Product Manager, Innovation Solutions in Dublin, Ohio
- Fuse @ Cardinal Health is looking for a highly driven Product Manager to collaborate with a smart, friendly cross-functional team to imagine, define, and build the future of healthcare.
- The healthcare space is exploding with the convergence of new technologies, health sector shifts, and a growing demand for truly integrated health information. As more people interact with the world via the web and mobile devices, expectations are higher than ever for real value delivered through thoughtfully crafted experiences. It’s a landscape ripe for inventive product collaboration with design, engineering, and business to build products for the next generation.
- Have or gain an understanding of the business goals or outcomes your platform product is intended to produce for customers/users and the business.
- Create a system of Product metrics that measure progress towards your goal, communicate regularly, and optimize based on results.
- Guide and motivate a cross-functional team through the full product development lifecycle using discovery, iterative design & development methodologies.
- Partner with design and engineering to break big ideas into small, measurable slices that make progress towards your goal.
- Continuously be hands-on with customers and users to build a deep understanding of their jobs to be done, their needs and how the product will deliver value (value prop).
- Pair with product designers to gather quantitative and qualitative user insights to inform product design and ensure desirability prior to writing code.
- Engage and empower the team to rapidly test concepts and prototypes with users and customers to attain product:market fit.
- Continually update team and stakeholders on the product work as it unfolds—weighing costs and benefits with a focus on always delivering value.
- Work with engineering to adapt to technical constraints while still meeting the user’s needs.
- Prioritize your product backlog and plan product sprints and other activities—weighing risk, user/customer value, dependencies, and effort in light of business objectives.
- Deliver on timeline commitments where necessary.
- Build trust and strong relationships at all levels.
Desirable Qualities & Experience
- Have strong opinions, loosely held, but assume you’re wrong until proven right.
- Be able to assess a complex and ambiguous environment, make sense of it, and communicate a path forward.
- Seek the knowledge and expertise of others—team, stakeholders, users, customers—to better manage your product.
- Adopt a team mentality; be willing to do what needs to be done regardless of title or role and grab a shovel to solve a problem.
- Be analytical and curious about data and use the insights to improve your product.
- Adopt a mentality of continuous learning through iterative feedback from users/customers to evaluate your path forward.
- Have proven experience product managing within a B2B and B2B2C product space.
- Have experience developing and communicating compelling software product value propositions to earn stakeholder buy-in.
- Have a balance of technical confidence and business modeling experience within a complex industry.
- Be resolute to overcome challenges that will inevitably arise.
The right candidate will get satisfaction from...
- Being the go-to expert for your software product—what’s happening now and what comes next.
- Motivating your product team and helping them understand the impact of their work.
- Channeling a passion for innovating with technology and design to improve healthcare and spark significant growth for a Fortune 15 company.
- Contribute to building out brand new product/app within the medical device space
- Develop MVP and product roadmap
- Creating development-ready technical requirements
- Preferred experience with building new products from the ground up
- Preferred experience with delivery mobile applications
- Preferred experience with barcode scanning/RFID functionality
- Preferred experience with ERP integrations
- 6-10 years practicing product management (at least some of that time in an agile environment) or 5-10 years or relevant experience.
- A minimum BA/BS in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Business) or equivalent real-world experience.
- Conversant in user experience research and design activities.
- Strong technical understanding and ability to engage at a detailed level with software engineers and design team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Mature interpersonal skills to guide interactions with your partners in design, engineering and other business functions (marketing, sales, customer success).
- Experience leading and shipping a product or large feature set to market.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%).
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs