Lockheed Martin USAF Training Center Lead in Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is under the Employee Annual Incentive Program (EAIP) which pays out a yearly bonus based on your annual employee Commit ratings and company performance.
Lockheed Martin's Training & Logistics business area delivers training and simulation technologies, as well as live training, to defense and civil customers worldwide.
Lockheed Martin's advanced flight training services provide training to military aviators, commercial pilots and astronauts. Our F-35 Pilot Training and ALIS Programs are doing some very important work which offer some very interesting challenges and opportunities for both former Military Aviators and IT professionals.
This Position is for the F-35 USAF Pilot Training Center Operations Lead and L-coded manager for operations personnel supporting USAF F-35 contract training at Eglin AFB and Luke AFB locations.
Candidate will supervise subordinate managers for Pilot, Maintenance and ALIS Training Operations, Simulator Operation/Maintenance and Training Operations Support.
• Leads overall operations and integrations for USAF training centers (IOI, command media updates, coordination memos, etc…)
o Supervise Eglin and Luke Logistics Project Managers and respective site L codes
o Understand and implement contract obligations for the site-specific customer
o Defines enterprise training development roadmap (SimTech Training, Pilot Training, ALIS sys admins and IT sys admins) and strategy
o Maintain the budget for both Luke and Eglin. Responsible for identifying affordability opportunities at USAF training sites
• Manages enterprise training requirements, process and procedures, and qualifications
• Works closely with FMS & Maintenance Training Device Integrator to ensure training material aligns with current product configuration
• Works closely with Pilot Training Integrator to ensure training material aligns with current product configuration
• Liaisons with the local site customer on current contractual training status, system upgrades and any new local training request
• Coordinate with the GMTT Enterprise Support Lead on Strategy and Execution (site stand up, deployable training, etc…) upon request
• Responsible for site staffing and holding Logistics Project Managers accountable to meeting staffing demands (req approval, OTH approvals, salary approvals, etc…)
• Responsible for working jointly with PMO on Affordability Roadmap. Official CAM ownership. Logistics Project Mangers site cost/schedule reporting responsibility to OPEX CAM.
• Attend the MTWG (Maintenance Training Working Group), PTWG (Pilot Training Working Group) and the RSWG (Resource Scheduling Working Group) annual meetings when applicable
• New business proposal/BOE integrator and author
• Liaison to Labor Relations for all Collective Bargaining Agreement for site compliance/issues
Position requires demonstrated leadership skills and extensive professional experience in managing operations personnel supporting customer mission readiness at dedicated training and operational installations.
Candidate must have active secret clearance and be able to qualify and hold a SAP clearance.
Candidate must have prior experience in delivering Military Pilot/Maintenance Academic and Simulator Training. Candidate must be familiar with current instructional techniques and delivery methods. Must have in-depth knowledge of military publications and an understanding of fourth and/or fifth generation aircraft training operations. Candidate must have worked in an environment which required them to interact with multiple functional areas and personnel of a diverse nature.
Use of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required. Candidate must have outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent leadership traits, strong oral & written communication abilities, solid ability to organize, and a high desire to provide customer satisfaction.
Must be a proven leader with management style aligned to LM core values and Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives. Must have experience in evaluating personnel's performance and in completing performance appraisals.
Investigation or reinvestigation completed within the last 6 years
Previous experience as an F-35 Contractor Instructor Pilot (CIP) or Maintenance/ALIS training instruction
Minimum of 1000 hours Fighter Flight Time in fourth and/or fifth generation fighter aircraft.
Previous experience as functional manager for geographically dispersed personnel.
Previous experience with the Lockheed Martin performance appraisal system.
Past experience with F-35 pilot training curriculum
Familiarity with F-35 program requirements
F-35 Full Mission Simulator experience
Familiarity with the F-35 ALIS program
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs