HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Inpatient Rehab in Fort Pierce, Florida
Part Time Day Shift 0.6 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL * *
Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospitaloffering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying aculturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description: * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs * Carries out physician orders * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs * Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient * Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients * Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed * Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems * Instructs and educates patients and families * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team * * * *
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Inpatient Rehab
Location: Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Requisition ID: 00102-11378