HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Neonatal ICU in Fort Pierce, Florida
Registered Nurse (RN) Neonatal Intensive Care Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Fort Pierce, FL
Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates
Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospitaloffering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying aculturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Job Description: * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Carries out physician orders. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
Graduate of an accredited professional nursing school preferred
- Fetal Heart Monitoring certification
- Previous NICU experience required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Must obtain NRP certification within 30 days of employment
- Must obtain STABLE certification within 90 days of employment
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Neonatal ICU
Location: Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Requisition ID: 00102-11340