HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker - MSW PRN in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Come join our family atSpotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
/Our patients are our priority, but so areyou!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Social Worker MSW to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Social Worker will exhibit excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers as well as shows courtesy, compassion and respect to all individuals.
- Responsible for providing social work services to patients and their families, as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Social work interventions are focused on assessment, crisis stabilization, psycho-therapy, and disposition planning.
- At times, the social worker may provide service to different patient age groups, based on training and knowledge.
- Screen admissions for discharge needs within one-two (1-2) business days.
- Track and monitor avoidable (alternative care) days, and provide your supervisor with this information daily.
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations, to ensure patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress and discharge planning needs.
- Communicates effective and professionally with peers, supervisors, ancillary departments and all other external/internal customers.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement of all members of the healthcare team.
- Counsels with patients and family members in decision making and in meeting psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement activities.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings, documents information accurately.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Collaborates with RN Case Manager to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Takes an active role in detention order hearings on the behavioral health unit.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree from an accredited social work program or Master’s Degree in a related field that provided appropriate background and experience. Education should be clinically focused with study in human life span development and psychopathology.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: * Current VA License as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (MSW) * BLS for Healthcare Providers through the AHA or CPR through the American Red Cross * Crisis Prevention Institute certification is required within 30 days of hire
At least the equivalent of 2 years of experience, which can include a graduate level practicum (20 hours per week for 2 semesters or 40 hours per week for 3 months). Experience must be focused in the area of inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, crisis prevention, or outpatient practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: *Social Worker - MSW PRN *
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-20960