John Deere Senior Product Safety/Standards Engineer (50080676) in Fuquay-Varina, United States
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns and megacities. And we live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Title: Senior Product Safety/Standards Engineer - 77447
Primary Location: United States (US) - North Carolina - Fuquay-Varina
Organizational Group: A&T SM AG&TURF/R1/R2
Personnel Area: Horicon AG
Function: Product Engineering
GJE Job Title: Senior Product Safety/Standards Engineer
Job Grade: 08
Exemption Status: Exempt
Hiring Manager: Nathan Hemming
Employee Referral Bonus: $2,000.00
This position may be located in Horicon, WI; Fuquay-Varina, NC; Augusta, GA; Cary, NC, per the hiring manager's discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate's background, experience, and proficiency.
As a Senior Product Safety and Standards Engineer for John Deere Turf & Compact Utility in Horicon, WI. In this position you will:
• Advise engineers, project managers, and others on safety and standards requirements to minimze risk or injury and to meet appropriate market access requirements
• Serve as subject matter expert for electric machinery product safety and compliance, including to help develop company and industry standards
• Support product safety and compliance test activities
• Mentor, coach, and train engineers, assemblers, technicians, and others on safety-related matters
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
• 5 or more years experience in electrical product design or testing and certification, preferably related to lithium-ion batteries, battery chargers, mobile machinery, electric vehicles, power tools, or other consumer products
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor communications to audience
• Skills in managing multiple simultaneous projects
• Able to coordinate efforts and develop consensus for complex activities across multiple product lines
• Able to review, understand , and explain requirements from standards and/or regulations
What Makes You Stand Out
• Knowledge and familiarity of engineering concepts related to mobile off-road machinery
• Familiarity with EMC regulations and standards
• Understanding of electric product standards, including but not limited to: EN, IEC, ISO, SAE, UL
• Knowledge of functional safety standards such as ISO 13849, ISO 19014, ISO 25119, or ISO 26262
• Working knowledge of product or workplace regulations such as OSHA, UN battery transportation, and relevant EU regulations
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here (http://www.deere.com/en/our-company/john-deere-careers/why-john-deere/) to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- John Deere Jobs