HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Laboratory Technician PRN in Gainesville, Florida
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician like you to join our organization North Florida Regional Hospital.
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered on the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida — North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women’s health and wound therapy, among other services.
This is a PRN position.
- *You Will:
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Seek guidance from medical technologists, supervisors, department head, and medical director in the review and interpretation of clinical laboratory data
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures, timed studies, and routine tests within established turnaround time targets
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicates to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
You Should Have:
- A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
- A State of Florida Technician License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- ASCP or similar certification is very helpful
- Less than 1 year of experience
- Ability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Laboratory Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 23434-10459