Lockheed Martin Tooling Services Inventory Control Lead in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is seeking a Tooling Services Inventory Control Lead-for a position in Greenville, SC. In addition to standard job description tasks, the Tooling Services Inventory Control Lead will be responsible for site wide Tool Kit build up, Production Tooling buildup, tooling display and deployment, annual inventories of site sustainment and production tooling, managing of stock inventory, reorder points, and procurement of tooling as needed. Tooling Services Inventory Control Lead will be required to interface with multiple functional organizations, in addition to the managers/supervisor and crew to resolve issues or constraints in the aircraft assembly/production environment. In this capacity the lead will status, communicate and support Tooling Services goals and objectives of the day/week, assess skill and complexity of tasks, issue work assignments, establish nominal expectation of tasks by obtaining personal contract for each task period of performance with each of the employees; set, conduct On-the-Job Training for all work performed by their assigned crew, check & adjust to meet realization and build performance objectives. Instill product disciplines to align with the Greenville site imperatives of Safety, Quality Schedule & Cost, clean as you go, housekeeping and Tool & FOD control. The candidate will be required to support corrective action investigations, root cause analysis, advise on and implement innovations and process improvements, as well as maintain 6S/lean processes for their area of responsibility.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• 5 years’ experience related to aircraft tooling inventory and control environment.
• Leadership experience.
• Experience in planning sequence of work.
• Experience interacting with internal/external customers.
• Proficient in applying Microsoft Office tools (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
• Experience handling competing priorities in a cross functional organization with many key stakeholders.
• Experience with aircraft tooling, fixtures, JIGs, and templets.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, along with analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Candidate must have strong customer relationship management skills.
• Must be a highly motivated, self-starter, adaptable to change and able to concurrently handle multiple, widely-varied assignments.
• Ability to work independently.
• P-3, C-130J, and F-16 modification experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs