Lockheed Martin Cloud Software Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is a crucial element of Space’s strategy for growth as these skillsets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customers’ hardest problems, including challenges unique to the realm of cyber security tools and integrated effects.
Are you an accomplished Software Engineer? This dynamic Software Engineer position is responsible for hands-on software engineering, and scientific problem solving. The Engineer is charged with the documentation of procedures in the delivery of a software solution. This position participates in all aspects of a dynamic team focused on software, including time and cost estimates of software, proper implementation, adherence to software coding and documentation standards, and alternative design solutions. The Software Engineer is responsible for commenting code as necessary to ensure smooth personnel transitions.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience in App development with Angular7+ and Nodejs10+.
- Experience in script development with Python3+ and Bash.
- Ability to integrate applications and develop with mySQL.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining applications within AWS and/or a Sponsor cloud computing service.
- Experience deploying the complete DevOps agile full lifecycle for software development projects including integration of build pipelines, automated deployments, and compliance scanning using test driven development.
- Experience with software issue tracking tools such as Git and Jira.
- Current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Experience designing and implementing Microsoft Windows based domains
- Experience with Continuous Software Development and Software Integration best practices
- Experience working with Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies such as ICD503 to ensure systems security and data integrity
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs