Lockheed Martin Database Administrator Sr in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Description: Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an experienced Database Administrator providing Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) database support at Hill AFB.
The Database Administrator directly supports JSF operations by assuring the integrity of data stored within the system by maintaining the internal databases and applications. The successful candidate will serve as the point of contact in customer discussions during the flight and evaluation activities and works closely with ALIS System Administrators.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Carry out and sustain system-wide backups, disaster recovery, and database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates)
• Conduct data transfers between system (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshoot assets.
• Support testing, debugging, integration and analysis of database tools
• Monitor overall test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, patch testing, and the health and status of the system
This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week—which may include weekends—as dictated by mission requirements.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a security clearance investigation within 6 years from the investigation close date and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Have relevant experience in Database Administration and/or Development
• Be proficient with COTS database software and tools (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
• Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
• Be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments for extended periods dependent upon operational needs
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
• Demonstrated SQL and database administration skills, which may include:
o Importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases
o SQL/PL-SQL knowledge to execute/troubleshoot scripts and performance tune databases
o Creating Level 0 and 1 database backups and restoring databases from backups
o Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery (hot and cold)
o Installing Oracle Critical Patches, reviewing tables and DBA views for issues, and locating user session data
• Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
o Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Storage Area Network Fabric systems and IP Switch Fabric systems
o Familiarity with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
o Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
• Ability to be flexible in working with dynamic mission requirements
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs