HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER in Hopewell, Virginia
/_For a limited time, John Randolph Medical Center is offering up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus based on Registered Nurse experience. 1 year of nursing experience required. Current HCA employees do not qualify._ / * * * *Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER) Full Time Days 7a-7p, 36 hours per week, rotating weekends and holidays
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of an awesome Emergency Department (ED) Nursing team! * * * * John Randolph Medical Center, your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical centers. A top performing hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited.
As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds—high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment. Recognized for four consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission’s Top Performing Hospitals and have obtained The Joint Commission’s disease specific accreditation for our Hip and Knee Replacement Programs.
HCA: * * *63rd on Fortune’s 100 List * One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. * Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company *for 3 consecutive years * Named by Ethisphere one of the *World’s Most Ethical Companies for 10 consecutive years
*Why Join Our ER Team? *
- 22--bed unit, Includes a Psych safe room
- Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center
- Normal daily volume is approximately 100 patients
- Close-knit team and great collaboration with physicians, other units and management collaborative environment
- Gain a variety of experience with varying patient acuities
- You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and who champion staff to reach professional goals
- * What Will You Be Doing? *
- * The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs. • Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources. • Carries out physician orders. • Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures. • Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. • Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. • Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. • Instructs and educates patients and families. • Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. • Provides age and culturally appropriate care. • Orients and mentors new staff members. • Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. • Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. • Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.* *
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now? * *
_EDUCATION:_ * Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred * RN Diploma or Associates of Nursing Degree required * Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
_EXPERIENCE:_ * Two years of experience as an RN with demonstrated competency in emergency department preferred
_CERTIFICATIONS:_ * VA RN license or valid RN Compact State License * BLS * ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire * TNCC certification preferred * HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
/"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."/ * *
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Location: Virginia-Hopewell-John Randolph Medical Center - Hopewell
Requisition ID: 02699-54259