BP Americas, Inc. Compliance Manager in Houston, Texas
Yes - up to 10%
STRATEGY & SUSTAINABILITY
If you’re a sustainability focused strategic thinker, this could be for you: The purpose of strategy & sustainability is to define a value-adding, sustainability-led strategic direction for us to deliver on our ambition of reimagining energy for people and our planet. Working within S&S, you will be embedded in the centre of the organisation bringing together strategy, sustainability and capital allocation into a group-wide framework and promoting ethics and compliance across the organisation.
Join us and help us achieve our purpose through:
A modern, dynamic and collaborative approach to strategy, sustainability and capital allocation – you will work with the businesses, finance and the broad organisation to support the delivery of our ambition, our aims and our financial aspirations. Together we will help frame and make the optimal trade-offs and choices for us.
A lens on sustainability as a competitive advantage – you will drive sustainability to unleash new business opportunities, growth and value to us.
Proprietary bp insights – you will focus on developing a distinctive understanding of global economics, energy markets, customer needs and competitors to support our businesses and strategy.
Proactive shaping of external policy – you will define where our company stands on matters of public policy – in line with our aims – as well as how we can contribute to proactively shape the external environment across regions.
Strategic oversight of our carbon management activities – you will coordinate and drive progress on our net zero ambition and aims.
Effective ethics and compliance as a driver of organisational and business sustainability – you will support our bp business groups and other entities in promoting an ethical culture and work environment, and effective compliance risk management.
Enabling our company and its businesses to achieve their goals – where our organisation holds expertise, we will use it collaboratively and constructively.
Job Family Group:
Ethics & Compliance Group
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster (http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-careers/en/PDF/careers-bp-us-eeo-is-the-law-english.pdf) and the poster supplement (http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-careers/en/PDF/careers-bp-us-eeo-is-the-law-supplement-english.pdf) - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version (http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-careers/en/PDF/careers-bp-us-eeo-is-the-law-spanish.pdf) )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement (http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp-careers/en/PDF/careers-bp-us-eeo-policy-statement.pdf)
Job Profile Summary:
Responsible for advising the businesses and functions on ethics and compliance initiatives and adherence to policy regarding supply and trading activities, using advanced technical knowledge and experience to ensure conformance to all related internal and external trading policies and regulations and to help embed the BP ethics and compliance culture in all trading operations.
United States of America
United States - Texas - Houston
The Ethics & Compliance Manager is a key member of the Ethics & Compliance (“E&C”) Trading and Shipping (“T&S”) team supporting the Gas and Power Trading (“GPTA”) business. As we reimagine BP this role will be instrumental in executing the compliance framework by ensuring the surveillance program is robust, delivering training on compliance topics in an innovative way and participating in trading, marketing and orgination strategies by providing guidance to the business to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
The purpose of the Ethics & Compliance trading and shipping team is to promote compliance with externally defined laws and regulations, the bp Code of Conduct, Global Trading Guidelines and other internal bp policies and procedures, through the development, implementation and maintenance of a program consistent with Group Ethics & Compliance strategy.
• Conduct proactive compliance risk assessments and reviews of trading activity, strategies and business communications in order to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations enacted by external regulatory authorities (i.e. CFTC, FERC, and exchanges) as well as bp’s internal policies and procedures.
• Understand existing laws, rules and regulations impacting the Gas, Power & Renewable trading business while monitoring for developments, proposals and new regulatory requirements to assess potential impacts and participate in the implementation of systems, processes and procedures to meet these requirements.
• Actively participate in commercial team meetings in order to better understand strategies and be sought after as an expert for advice on ethics & compliance issues so as to facilitate the creation of a robust ethical and compliant culture.
• Manage cross-regional ethics & compliance projects and participate in cross-functional projects and working groups supporting the Gas, Power & Renewables trading business.
• Develop and deliver training sessions on ethics & compliance related topics and provide timely and accurate advice/guidance to Gas, Power & Renewable trading business.
• Form strong working relationships with Commercial Teams, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Commodity Risk, Finance, Innovation & Engineering, and Counterparty Due Diligence to facilitate strategic alignment and support of the overall E&C T&S Program.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
• 5-10 years working in or supporting a Gas, Power & Renewables trading business
• Strong understanding of CFTC, FERC regulations and ABC and AML compliance
• Knowledge and understanding of traded products, markets and strategies, both physical and paper based trading
• Ability to understand and synthesize legal and regulatory concepts and translate for business stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to apply these skills at all levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills – capable of adopting a variety of styles to achieve the desired result
• Strong work ethic and ability to work creatively to achieve identified goals, both individually and as a team player working in a global role
• Problem-solving skills with ability to see the next step and follow through on operational detail
• Support and delivery of training materials
• Knowledge of, or experience in the regulatory arena, with particular emphasis on compliance, control or legal matters
• Exposure and knowledge of the regulatory change is advantageous
• Demonstrated knowledge of exchange, CFTC or FERC regulatory required reporting
Strategy & Sustainability
BP Americas, Inc.
- BP Americas, Inc. Jobs