HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Materials Manager in Houston, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Operating Room Materials Manager.
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. If this describes you, we want your knowledge and expertise!
The Woman's Hospital of Texas is the state’s premier facility dedicated to the health of women and children offering expertise and an outstanding level of care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, minimally-invasive surgery, infertility, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy NICU (neonatal intensive care) and pediatrics. We deliver over 800 babies a month in our 400 bed facility, more than any other hospital in Texas, and care for more multiple births than any other hospital in the region. In addition, we are proud to provide outstanding care through:
- More than 650 board-certified physicians and over 400 licensed beds.
- Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Continence Care, and Robotic Surgery
- Level IV NICU that provides the highest level of care for premature babies
- The area's only March of Dimes NICU Family Support program
- Designated Baby Friendly Hospital As a Supply Chain Operating Room Materials Manager, you will be responsible for leading, implementing, measuring, and directing supply chain activities within the operating room/surgical services. The ORMM is primarily responsible for supporting OR operations through inventory management and fostering a collaborative environment between supply chain and the clinical surgical services team members. The ORMM assists other stakeholders in promoting clinical integration within supply chain. In addition, this position works closely with the facility Supply Chain OR Internal Control Coordinator (ORICC), and the Supply Chain Division Director of OR (DDOR) on data integrity, accuracy and efficiency of the preference card process, supporting the Supply Chain clinical resources for margin improvement, and patient billing review and process integrity initiatives.
In this role, you will: * Lead the facility’s operating room suite to include requisitioning, inventory controls, and supply optimization. * Exhibit strong leadership in guiding the team with accuracy in case-picking, delivering timely services, and setting high department performance standards. * Successfully manage the Operating Room Meditech supply inventory dictionary and physician preference cards. * Effectively cultivate relationships with physicians, clinicians and hospital vendors.
Service Members and Veterans with experience in the following MOS / AFSC / NCC rates should meet the qualifications for this position: 51C, 51G, 76R,76A, 76D, 76J, 76P, 76Q, 76R68J, 92A, 92Y, 68J , 62S0, 63G0, 2W031A, 2W051A, 2W071A, 4A131, 4A151, 4A171, 4A192, IMRL, 6042, 9662, 9955, MAT, SK
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Graduate from a Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training preferred.
3 years of clinical and healthcare supply chain experience with demonstrated leadership skills required.
Operating Room or Surgical Services experience preferred.
Knowledge of SMART procurement system and Meditech software is beneficial.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401(k) with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. / / We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Operating Room Materials Manager
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 08750-25106