HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist - Laboratory in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aPhlebotomistto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas_
_Phlebotomist – Laboratory_ Shift: Full Time Evenings
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwestis a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Using superb customer service skills the Phlebotomist/Registrar collects blood samples for specialized tests from all out-patients and selected groups of in-patients in a safe and timely manner. T
- Assist outpatients at the help desk by processing lab orders and data entering into the laboratory network system.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates accountability in knowledge of and compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrates competency in performance of department procedures.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills with abnormal results
- Demonstrates competent performance skills in Quality Assurance, Quality Control
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility for property, equipment & supplies
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Enhances professional growth, development and knowledge.
- Quality - demonstrates competence with departmental performance improvement, performance monitors and Quality Assurance activities
What qualifications you will need:
- Completion of Phlebotomy training program preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
- Minimum 3 months experience as a phlebotomist
- 1 years experience as a phlebotomist in a hospital setting with both adult and pediatric patients preferred HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Phlebotomist - Laboratory
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston Northwest
Requisition ID: 26920-134513