Lockheed Martin Information Technology Specialist (NT-E) w/Clearance in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Make a lasting impact! Imagine a team that brings together leading missile defense industry experts to help guide the future of the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA’s) ballistic and hypersonic Missile Defense System (MDS). National Team-Engineering (NT-E) is MDA’s one-stop shop for systems engineering reach-back into the major companies that build the essential elements of the MDS. Systems engineers on the National Team are helping to drive the future systems that will protect the United States, its friends and allies for generations to come.
The national team has an immediate need for an Information Technology Specialist to perform the following tasks:
• Oversee day to day operation of the Integrated Discrimination Team’s Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Computing and Development (MSCD) environments in an Information Technology (IT) Specialist capacity. The MSCD operates at multiple classification levels on the Missile Defense National Team in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) with the objective of identifying requirements for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The MSDC consists of Linux workstations and servers with Windows 10 based computing resources interfacing to the Linux environment.
• The individual will work cooperatively with Boeing IT in an IT Specialist and administrator role to directly support the MSDC developer and analyst staff priorities
• This position is in Huntsville, AL.
Ability to effectively communicate
• Individual must have a strong background in IT with specific experience or the know-how to oversee, solve and lead solutions as related to the following types of activities:
• Administer numerous Subversion repositories across several classification levels. Tasks include data transfers, user administration, branch creation and maintenance, and development and enforcement of best practices across the Integrated Discrimination Team (IDT) organization.
• Develop and deploy standard Windows and Linux desktop and server configurations across all security domains in support of analytical and software development activities. Linux environments may include RHEL6, RHEL7, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Cygwin. Activities will include assessing computing needs of the organization to determine common/base configurations, working with security teams to update System Security Plans as required, and coordinating with IT resources to implement and maintain standardized configurations.
• Maintain prioritized list of computing issues/needs and advocate on behalf of the organization to get items resolved in a timely fashion so that organizational analysis and development objectives are not compromised.
• Design, develop, deploy, and manage physical and virtual lab environments across all security domains in support of system-of-systems level simulation activities that assess BMDS performance as an integrated suite of systems. Simulation module components include a mix of custom built and BMDS-element provided software, running on various operating systems. Work with developers and analysts to ensure the environment enables analysis results to be repeatable and capable of being delivered to government customers as required.
• Work with leadership and developers to institute best practices and tools in support of agile software development activities. Activities include standardization of software development environments, implementation of automated nightly build and unit test processes, deployment of new tools such as static analysis tools, and development and implementation of processes that will increase the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency.
• Perform other IT related duties as required. These additional duties will likely include administering a small number of SQL databases and Apache web server installations, managing the allocation of a limited number of MATLAB toolbox licenses, and representing the IPT in coordinating activities at the MDNT level. Duties may also include helping to specify new hardware and software for purchase.
National Team employees may have the opportunity to work on a variety of specialized projects based on their backgrounds. The following skills are desirable, but not required to be considered a strong candidate for this position. If you have experience in one or more of the topics listed below, please note it on your resume:
Familiarity with distributed interactive simulations, especially those compliant with IEEE 1278. Familiarity with: ESXi or similar hypervisor; MySQL, MariaDB, or similar SQL database; Apache; Linux shell scripting; GCC, make, Valgrind, DoxyGen, Boost Unit Test framework and Slurm. Skilled in Java.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs