Lockheed Martin Performance Analysis Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with perfection and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Performance Analysis Manager , you will be part of the Weapon Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (WSEIT) leadership team on the Homeland Missile Defense program. In this role, you will:
• Lead the definition of missile defense scenarios
• Execute medium or high-fidelity digital system simulation tools
• Execute and analyze performance with component stand-alone simulation tools
• Create, update, and execute scripts to process data output
• Lead the analysis of weapon system performance data for current or future capabilities
• Analyze and provide recommendations to models and key system algorithms
• Perform flight test pre- and post-mission analysis
• Provide analysis input to system level design reviews
• Work across the organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of system performance and trades
• Document and brief analysis results to leadership/customer
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 5 years of experience working on Missile system programs
• Experience in performing Systems Engineering functions in one or more of the following:
a) System Trade studies and/or System modeling
b) System architecture or CONOPS development
c) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
d) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
e) Design reviews
•Strong team collaboration, communication and leadership skills
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Experience as a technical leader; previous L-coded leadership or management experience
• Experience working in the development phase of a missile program
• Experience applying Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering processes
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Engineering Management, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Familiarity or Proficiency with one or more of the following engineering tools:
a) SysML/Cameo Magic Draw
d) Architecture Framework such as DoDAF
e) Model Center]
• Design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, synergetic team environment
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs