Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr. Principal Cyber Sys Engr- Secret Clearance Required NGI Next Generation Interceptor Program in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is searching for experienced Principal/Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineers to join the Launch Missile Defense Systems business unit to support the Next Generation Interceptor Program in Huntsville, AL and Chandler, AZ .
These positions are contingent upon contract award anticipated in the December 2020/January 2021 timeframe.
You will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where you will interact with users, customers and other developers. Team members interact will interact with external Government customers and civil partners on a regular basis; perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments. Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits. Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, NIST RMF), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities. Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards. Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports. Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M. Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
• Risk Management Framework, document certification and accreditation activities, create, update System Security Plans and other artifacts in accordance with company and government standards
• Coordinate with the System Administrator, ISSM and other personnel to address, resolve and closeout items established in the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM)s
• Experience in maintaining physical and environmental protection, personnel security and incident handling
• Maintain the configuration management process as prescribed by the ISSM.
• Experience in conducting technical and nontechnical security audits and experience in the usage of SIEM tools and processes.
• Coordinate with Systems Administrators to maintain the security vulnerability management program as prescribed by the ISSM.
• Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
• Conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
This position may be offered at the Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 3 or Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 4
If offered at the Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 3 :
A Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5 Years related technical experience. ; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
If offered at the Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 4 :
A Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 9 Years with related technical experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Active Secret Security Clearance is required
• Travel Required 10%
• Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 IAM Level II certification (e.g. CISSP, CAP, CISM, GSLC) within 6 months of employment.
• Experience in the administration of Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux (RHEL 7X preferred)
• Working knowledge of NIST/DoD RMF processes (NIST 800-37, 800-53, 800-171, and the CNSS 1253)
• Experience supporting ISSM/ISSO tasks in defense industry or other U.S. government facility.
• Experience in cyber threat analysis, vulnerabilities and threat mitigation.
• Experience reviewing and developing cyber threat indicators and drafting threat warnings/briefings.
• Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software
• Experience in the management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements under the NIST RMF and CSF
• Experience with eMASS and RSA Archer
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology
- Northrop Grumman Jobs